On Saturday, May 7th, 2016 starting at 9:00 AM, families from all across southern Alberta will be hiking around Prince’s Island to support Calgary Pro-Life Association’s Annual Hike For Life. It is a great day to get outdoors with your families and support an invaluable organization in the city. However, this event couldn’t happen without the help of volunteers! The commitment we’re hoping from Guild attendees is small (just the morning of the event), but essential. Paul O’Leary, a regular attendee for our Guild’s Men’s Nights is looking for Hike Marshals to be stationed along the 10 km hike route – essentially, you’ll direct traffic.
Details for Volunteer Marshals:
– If available please email Paul O’Leary at email@example.com as soon as possible.
– Meet at the Prince’s Island Park Bandstand (west side of Island) at 8:00 AM for a brief meeting.
– The Hike usually finishes by 11:00 AM, so return to the bandstand at that time in order to return vests. Plan to stay and enjoy refreshments and fellowship.
– This is a Saturday morning event and is usually over by noon.
– Over 30 volunteers are needed.
Attached is the information sent out to Calgary’s Knights of Columbus, who provide many of the Associations volunteers.
Thank you for your time,
The Father Lacombe Guild